Setting Up An Amahi Home Server Adding a Drive To Your
30/11/2010 · Well the Amahi box was a little tricky but once I worked out you could bring up the shares by typing "hda" (the default server name) in the Windows Explorer search bar it was pretty easy after that. I even managed to get a VPN working with a remote access client supplied from the Amahi site. It would be really interesting to try that from a mate's house (so truly outside my home network).... Well in time for Halloween, we are happy to announce the release of Amahi 6.2! This release brings mostly stability and bug fixes. We have included a handy introduction to Amahi shares (PDF), fixed issues with special usernames, fixed shares area permissions, and in some cases we fixed disappearing DHCP leases.
Adding a second hard drive to your HDA Amahi Wiki
If you have multiple drives, you'll have to add shared folders to them, or move your existing shares to those drives. We'll get to that in a moment. First, here's a video from the Amahi team on... Amahi recommends that you disable the router servers in your router settings panel, but I disabled the DHCP server on Amahi because I dont want to leave it on all the time, running, using power. I just want to use it when I’m home, to serve my files locally. You can do either, but you have to do one of them. To disable servers on Amahi, on the dashboard go to Setup- settings- Servers. and
Greyhole Amahi Wiki
Hi Lee, I'm afraid I haven't tried some of the specific media apps like Amahi Tunes. I would start at the basics and work up from there. First, uninstall amahi tunes and copy some media files directly onto the samba share from within network computers (you should be seeing your amahi server already). how to meet crossfit singles I would try to move the amahi installation from one desktop to another desktop with video just to check that it will start on another box. If that works then re-configure the network and try in the MSS again.
Turn any hard drive into networked storage with Raspberry
The first thing you'll want to do is find a hard drive or flash drive that you want to use to hold data that you're going to share with everyone. One thing to consider before selecting a drive is how to move picture in word 2013 11/04/2011 · I briefly tried Amahi, but can get my other PCs to see the shares, haven’t tried the other two. Ideally, I’d like to also run XBMC off it to serve one …
How long can it take?
SOLVED Add External Hard Drive to HDA Amahi Forums
- Upgrade your Windows Home Server with Amahi How-To Geek
- SOLVED Add External Hard Drive to HDA Amahi Forums
- Page 2 – Krunk4Ever!
- Step-By-Step Migrating a Windows Server 2003 file server
How To Move Amahi Shares To Different Hdd
Now go to the shares -> storage pool tab and check the box next to your new hard drive to use the drive in the greyhole pool. If you want to use the benefits of pooled storage you will need to add more than one hard drive to the pool.
- Amahi recommends that you disable the router servers in your router settings panel, but I disabled the DHCP server on Amahi because I dont want to leave it on all the time, running, using power. I just want to use it when I’m home, to serve my files locally. You can do either, but you have to do one of them. To disable servers on Amahi, on the dashboard go to Setup- settings- Servers. and
- In my case I have about 10 different share folders that get opened upon logging in. How Greyhole Works One of the things that confused me early on was the fact that after making changes to a particular share, Greyhole didn’t seem to do anything.
- 28/11/2012 · I was able to create multiple Google Drive folders for different accounts, but seem to only be able to log into Drive with one account at a time and each time you disconnect, it wants to download all the files again.
- 23/08/2016 · Smart Home Turn any hard drive into networked storage with Raspberry Pi. A NAS solution can cost several hundred dollars. If you have an unused Raspberry Pi and a few hard drives lying around, you